Thursday, July 23, 2009

8,630 MILES

That’s the distance between Denver, Colorado and Bangkok, Thailand.  If all goes well, I’ll present my passport at 12:00 p.m. on November 26 and head straight for my first, real Pad Thai.

Excited doesn’t begin to describe it, but in a way, it hasn’t hit me yet.  The idea of Thailand has been top of mind for months now, but actually seeing myself get off the plane, it still seems surreal.  But with the pop of a champagne bottle, the browser refreshed with our tickets, and it feel really, really good.

Capture_4

I found this quote from my boy Sam that sums it up pretty well.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Here’s to new sights, sounds and people.

No comments: