Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MIKE HORN - ADVENTURER

mike horn

A few years back, I watched a documentary on OLN (now Versus) about a guy named Mike Horn.  While I had never heard of him up to that point, for the next hour, I was absolutely glued to my screen.

Born in South Africa, he has been called one of the greatest solo Adventurers of all time. Among his accomplishments are crossing the South American continent in 6 months, circumnavigating the world along the equator in 17 months, and completing a 20,000 km route around the Arctic Circle in just over 2 years.  For the latter of the two, he was the first man to do so in the history of the world.  For all three, he did it without the assistance of an engine or animals.

Surprisingly, I’ve found little information about Mike online, so I took it upon myself to share this man’s amazing story.  On the link below, I’ve uploaded the documentary in 6 parts.  Check it out sometime.  He inspired me to redefine that which I might have thought impossible.  If it does the same for you, it could only lead to good things.

Full playlist is here.

No comments: