Monday, February 8, 2010

DIVE BARS – CHEAP WHISKEY, COMPLIMENTARY WISDOM.

SQUEEZE_IN 

We all love a good dive bar and the folks at Westword were kind enough to list out the top ten.  I’m sure there are some gems missing from this, most notably, The Lancer Lounge (who’s staff seems to measure their shots in exponentially larger quantities as the evening progresses).  I’ve taken it upon myself to map out these seedy destinations.

MAP

1. Ace-Hi Tavern

2. Carioca Cafe

3. Club 404

4. Candlelight Tavern/Kentucky Inn

5. El Chapultepec

6. Hill-Top Tavern

7. Rustic Tavern

8. Squeeze Inn

9. Squire Lounge

10. Thunderbird Lounge

First on my list, The Hill-Top Tavern.  Allegedly, it’s a preferred hangout of Bill Murray.   Should you find yourself looking to ponder the finer aspects of life, or maybe just kill a Friday evening, drop me a line and we can trade stories at one of these established watering holes.

_Alexander

No comments: