Thursday, September 10, 2009

MAP YOUR RUN

The big day approaches quickly, just over 4 weeks until my 26.2.    In the last few months, I’ve taken stock in the beauty of running’s minimal hardware demands.  Do you own shoes and socks?  Good, you are now ready to run.  That said, there are a few other helpful bits and pieces..iPods, fuel belts, some gels, bear mace.   Even more important than those has been one site, a completely free mapping tool where I can track my distance, log my runs, even calculate my calories burned – mapmyrun.com

 

Map out any distance from anywhere in the world.

mapmyrun1

 

Enter your run time to calculate calories burned.

mapmyrun2

 

Save each run, bike, hike or workout to your calendar.

 mapmyrun3

I certainly don’t use every aspect of the site, but it was and continues to be my virtual trainer.  Kind of like a hybrid between HAL and Burgess Meredith.

No comments: